Thursday, October 05, 2006

Interview: Teimour Radjabov

I asked Teimour for a quick interview and on my delight, he accepted! Real Goodwill Ambassador.


Goran: Greetings Mr. Radjabov, thank you for accepting the interview with WorldChessNetwork. Let's start with the hot topic - World Championship unification. What do you think about the match so far? Who will win?

Teimour: Now, I think that Kramnik has more chances of success in a match. However, if Veselin will play with the strength he has shown before, I am not sure about the outcome of the match.


Teimour Radjabov

Goran: You have scheduled World Chess Championship match against Veselin Topalov (if he wins his current match). Supposedly Kramnik wins match in Elista, would you play him on the same terms you were/will to play Topalov?

Teimour: I think that it is a question of our managers. If Kramnik wins against Topalov, and he agrees to play a match with me, ofcourse, I want to play! Also I hope to win this match for a Title of the world champion both against Kramnik and Topalov.


Goran: You have already broken many records, youngest GM back then, youngest player to enter the top 100, youngest player to beat world *1 (Kasparov...) What will be the next record set up by Teimour?

Teimour: I never think of breaking records, it just happens. I do not know what record I might break next. But new records will undoubtedly come.


Goran: Which game of yours do you consider as best so far?

Teimour: I am very proud of my victory over Garry Kasparov. He is the great chess player and I have won against him a brilliant game. Furthermore I have many beautiful victories over the strongest chess players of the world (Topalov, Anand, Ivanchuk, Svidler, Gelfand, Karpov, Korchnoi and many more).


Teimour Radjabov

Goran: How do you prepare for the tournaments?

Teimour: I can write so many things about this. I don’t have any special technique. Every single Grandmaster and every single tournament demands a special and different approach. It all depends on the conditions and on the moment..


Goran: Playing at the highest level is very demanding. How do you keep good physical shape?

Teimour: I am still young and I have no special physical preparation. Ofcourse I am doing several sports, but it is more for my soul than for my body. I just like sports.


Goran: You are also Goodwill Ambassador for UNICEF. What are your duties?

Teimour: I can use my reputation to bring media attention to various health problems affecting children. At the moment I am working with the problem of children that have an iodine deficiency in Azerbaijan especially, and in the world in general


Goran: Azerbaijan has many young Grandmasters in world's top 100. Can you take the gold medal on next Olympiad?

Teimour: Yes! That I hope very much! It is my dream, and it will be a very happy moment in my life!

Goran: Thank you for your time Mr. Radjabov


Garry Kasparov 2847 - Teimour Radjabov 2624
XX Ciudad de Linares, 2003
1. e4 e6 2. d4 d5 3. Nc3 Nf6 4. e5 Nfd7 5. f4 c5 6. Nf3 Nc6 7. Be3 a6 8. Qd2 b5 9. a3 Qb6 10. Ne2 c4 11. g4 h5 12. gxh5 Rxh5 13. Ng3 Rh8 14. f5 exf5 15. Nxf5 Nf6 16. Ng3 Ng4 17. Bf4 Be6 18. c3 Be7 19. Ng5 O-O-O 20. Nxe6 fxe6 21. Be2 Ngxe5 22. Qe3 Nd7 23. Qxe6 Bh4 24. Qg4 g5 25. Bd2 Rde8 26. O-O-O Na5 27. Rdf1 Nb3+ 28. Kd1 Bxg3 29. Rf7 Rd8 30. Bxg5 Qg6 31. Qf5 Qxf5 32. Rxf5 Rdf8 33. Rxf8+ Nxf8 34. Bf3 Bh4 35. Be3 Nd7 36. Bxd5 Re8 37. Bh6 Ndc5 38. Bf7 Re7 39. Bh5 Nd3 0-1



No comments: