Tuesday, March 21, 2006

40th anniversary of Chess Informant

My chess youth and mature years came just at the period of the Chess Informant’s peak popularity. I remember how, in 1973, with beating heart, I opened my first “fount of all wisdom” – Volume 15. And how later, having learned from my teachers (and especially from Mikhail Botvinnik) how to analyze deeply, and diligently work out urgent opening problems, I carefully studied each new volume, feasting on everything that seemed the most theoretically valuable and interesting. This enormous flow of information offered the richest trove of material for research and directed preparation, both for tournaments and for particular opponents.

Garry Kasparov


In order to celebrate its 40th birthday, Chess Informant, one of the oldest and most respectable publishing house, has invited Garry Kasparov to write an article with exclusive analyses of 13 of his best games.

Read the
entire article on ChessCafe
Chess Informant homepage



No comments: