Friday, September 08, 2006

Canadian Champion Gives Interview

Thanks to courtesy of Mr Goran Tomic, we have interview with IM Igor Zugic posted on the WCN News page.

G.T: How do you manage your obligations in Siemens with chess competitions?

IM Igor Zugic: My colleagues have full understanding and support for my chess activities and I am trying to justify that by working well. Certainly, the number of tournaments that I can play outside of Toronto is very limited with my vacation days. During this Canadian Championship that has been played in Toronto I went to work every day in order to have more free days for travels. On the other hand, job gives me financial independence, so I can choose to participate in good tournaments only. It's not always easy to harmonize with all obligations, but I think I can be successful in chess and work at the same time.


No comments: