Thursday, April 26, 2007

Interview: GM Ivan Cheparinov

Just a few hours after Ivan Cheparinov won the 2007 edition of Sigeman & Co he gave a telephone interview for chessdom.com

Q: Hello Mr. Cheparinov! Congratulations on your victory! How do you feel?

A: Thank you very much. I feel ok, I just need some rest and I will try to win my last game too.

Q: Who was your most serious opponent in Malmo?

A: The competition is not finished yet, but the biggest contenders were Hillarp Persson and Jan Timman. Hillarp Persson was closely following me in the table until this round. Jan Timman is always dangerous because he is very experienced. He had a good winning streak in the second half of the competition and he has chances for the second place.

Q: Was there a battle of generations at Sigeman & Co?

A: Certainly, there were experienced players as well as young ones. It is difficult to say which generation had the advantage, but I think the experienced players were stronger at this competition.



Read the entire interview for more about Topalov, Bulgaria, computers, cheating and internet.


No comments: